Friday, April 8, 2011

Sun, water, and a scoop of ice cream makes a dreary afternoon fun.

Sometimes it is best if there is nothing to do. The past days, I've been trying to figure out what's the best thing to do. I tried sleeping which only makes me more tired. Watching tv - not fun at all.

Then just yesterday. I sat on our front porch, I realized it was a perfect day. The sun is in perfect temperature. Not so hot, just perfect. It was a quiet afternoon. All I hear are those fading traffic noise, car honking and screeches outside the subdivision. Still everything was calm and relaxing. The sky was blue and I could see clouds passing by. I see birds resting on a telephone wire across the street. I sat there for a moment thinking "...what if I could fly, I could be then somewhere in the world right now."

Summer is all about fruit shakes and ice cream. I got to have ice cream, the fun it gives. Melting down the cone and then lick - gives actual freshness and well, yeah fun. I love that. What's more fun playing with sprinklers? While sitting, I thought what if I try watering the plants? So, I did. It gave me the feeling of being a kid again. The smell that water and earth gives out was just amazing. It reminds me the smell of fresh cut grass after the rain. LIFE! While watering the plants of course my feet were wet and I love the feeling of it - it was cold and wet and I could feel the dripping tear drops down my ankle. Then suddenly everything was different, the feeling of damp and humid, but still with the perfect sun beaming it gives back the perfect feeling that I felt as I started to sit on the porch that afternoon.

Moreover, my mind was working...open as I allow imagination sink in. I thought of what to type in this blog, I guess having to sit with perfect ambiance could come up with a perfect output. And this is it.

Sometimes I just like to sit on the drive way, with an open mind, and two lazy legs. Feeling the summer wind through my hair and the sun slightly burning my skin.

Sun, water, and a scoop of ice cream makes a dreary afternoon fun. :)

hopeful girl
kkcg

No comments:

Post a Comment